Sunday, May 8, 2011

Backed Up

Hi everyone!  I am so out of the loop and have lots of catching up to do.  I haven't been able to read your blogs very much these last couple of weeks :(  First, congrats to 2011!  I haven't read her blog recently but I know she closed last week.  And congrats to the rest of you on your progress.  I'm hoping to have some time this week to read what's been going on with everyone.

So...we have another issue.  When I went down to the basement this morning, I was greeted by a nice big pool of water.  At first we couldn't figure out what was going on - it was too much water to have seeped in from outside.  Then we thought maybe something was leaking.  We just used the water in the garage for the first time yesterday and thought maybe that was the culprit.  But, it seems like it is our drain.  All backed up.  Yuck.  We have a call into our PM so we'll see what happens tomorrow.  Apparently, the same thing happened to our next door neighbor TWICE!  Ugh... Other than that, they've started our landscaping.  No grass yet, but we do have some pretty cheap mulch and some little bushes.  I think we'll probably spruce that up a bit.

Speaking of being backed up...I feel like I am behind in just about every aspect of my life.  Work,  friendships, cleaning, working on the house even getting thank you cards mailed out!  I feel like I'm drowning.   There's not enough hours in the day.  I'm just very overwhelmed right now.  But how?  I don't have kids.  How am I going to do it when I do? My hat goes off to you working moms.  I have no clue how you do it.  Happy Mother's Day.

4 comments:

  1. KM I am in the same boat!!! I feel as if I am drowning every single day! Too much to do, too little time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yikes on the water in the basement. Do you have a sump pump can you get the water out by using it? I thought that was what the sump pump is for? I hope this issue gets resolved very very quickly. Where is the water in the basement is it confined into one spot or is it like everywhere? Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear! I hope they get that water problem fixed and figured out soon! YIKES!

    As far as feeling behind... Hon, just take it one day at a time. Get what you can get done, done, and try again tomorrow on something else. Unless there is a specific time line where you must get some things done (in which case do those first), try and let some of it go. It all get done eventually. Life is too short for us to stress out over this kind of stuff, you know?

    Trust me, my hubby has to tell me this several times a week sometimes. It is what it is. Just tackle it one thing at a time, don't burn yourself out. It'll all get done eventually!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Stephanie...if it's the drain, then why isn't the sump pump taking care of it...do you have a little french drain running around the outside edge of your basement floor? Even if your drain was clogged, how is the water getting into your basement? I am very very confused.

    But, I am happy to see your post. Was wondering what you have been up to!!!

    ReplyDelete