Monday, April 4, 2011

The Good News and the Bad News

I'm a bad news first kinda gal.  We had a very brief, but very bad storm come through tonight.  Our house had a little damage.


The mailbox (which is in a block of concrete!) fell over as well.  Around the neighborhood some people had siding and shingles come off and we have a few small lakes built up on the streeet.  Thanks Mother Nature.

The good news is that I got to meet and talk to several neighbors.  Hey, if this is how it has to happen, this is how it has to happen :)

9 comments:

  1. *gasp* Good Grief Charlie Brown!! Sounds like ya'll had one doozey of storm! I'm so sorry!! =(

    I am glad you got to meet more neighbors, I just wish it wasn't under such bad circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what is homeowners insurance is for, but it sucks that you had to use the policy this soon. I'm sorry ya'll had this happen

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!! I cannot believe this...so who is gonna come out and repair this??? They better!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about the damage! It was storming like crazy all day today. Hope getting everything fixed goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is Ryan Homes going to fix it since everything is still under warranty?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's so sad!!! We just had to fix the exact same thing on the house we have on the market.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry this happened !!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe, thanks guys. It's not a huge deal and we know it could have been a lot worse. We have a call into our PM. I'm not sure if it will fall on them or us. I'm thinking us. Oh the joys of home ownership. I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes!!!!!! Ouch.... Yep the joys of home ownership alright this is something we all will have to experience one time or another but still it sucks that you have to go through this.

    ReplyDelete