Our PM came by today for our inspection. As you'll see from the pictures below, my husband and I went a little blue tape crazy. It looked like my house had chicken pox...
You get the idea. Blue tape everywhere - mostly for nail pops and other wall/paint issues. What I didn't realize is that that they don't fix the nail pops or most other drywall issues until the 10 month inspection. Oops. All of that taping for nothing. It makes sense that they wait, I guess I just missed it before.
They are fixing some issues later this week:
- new counter top for island and breakfast bar (there are several bumps/bubbles in them)
- new kitchen/garage door
- repairing uneven floors in a bedroom and a really noticeable one in the master bedroom. I'm not quite sure how they go about doing that.
- fixing doors from sticking
- repairing a crack in the vinyl floor
- steam cleaning the carpet in several locations where there is dried paint
- fixing screens that are popping out
- repairing a few cracks in drywall
- making the carpet on a couple of steps a bit tighter
- adding dimmer switches for recessed lights (we paid for them, but they weren't installed)
- some down spout repairs
Good news! Our smoke detectors work. My husband cooked for the first time tonight and well, he set them off. Hmm...I've done all the cooking for the past month - no alarm. He cooks one night and off they go. I'm just sayin'.