Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Fireplace

So I know this isn't all that exciting, but it was one of the only changes when I went in the house today.  The fireplace is finished!  I really like it.  We chose not to upgrade it to stone or marble and I'm glad we didn't.  I think it looks nice and homey.  Plus I think it goes well with the cabinets on the opposite wall in the kitchen

We also had our first visitor today!  My friend from work wanted to check it out before it was finished, so she met me there.  It was fun!  I can't wait to take people on the "grand" tour once it's finished :)

The doors were all hung and that's really the only other change I noticed.  They're getting ready to put the floors in and the garage door is being delivered tomorrow.  We're exactly one month away!

3 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say hi...so "hi"! I found your blog (and several others) and they have been so helpful. My husband and I are building the Venice outside of Columbus. I think we are about a month behind you. We really wanted your elevation but couldn't because our neighbor had it. Thanks for posting all of your information; it has been very helpful. BTW...I love the brick around the fireplace. I can't remember what we chose. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan! Congratulations on your new home! I love "finding" other people who are building a Venice. I checked out your blog and hope you don't mind if I add it to my list. Sorry you weren't able to get the elevation you wanted :( While we were able to get that, we weren't able to get the brick color we wanted because of what our neighbors had. Luckily I like the way ours turned out, and I'm sure you will, too! I look forward to watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I assumed that Your friend surprised when You showed your fireplace. Now I also bring new electric fireplace for my new luxurious house. I hope that I find so.
    British traditions

    ReplyDelete